Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub
Recipe found on Recipe.com
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Prepare the chicken by patting each drumstick down and getting them as dry as possible, then lay them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over the top of the drumsticks and rub each drumstick with the spice rub you made. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, flip them, and then for an additional 25 minutes.
We often have rice with chicken, but a side of corn on the cob would be great as well! Enjoy!
(Tip: there are lots of spices in the rub recipe and you may not have all of them each time you cook. There is a cool Herb and Spice Substitution Chart at The Humbled Homemaker. Check it out!)