Saturday, May 18, 2013

Avocados and Breakfast at the Dukes

The last few weeks, Shutterbean has been posting some fantastic pictures of various avocado delights, and each time I see them I have wanted to try them. Couple that with my wife making the best fried eggs and I knew what I was going to have for breakfast on Saturday morning. We also have tried an Avocado Banana Smoothie before and thought I'd give that a go again.


Basic Avocado Spread
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • freshly ground salt and pepper
Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well mixed. Spread on toast. 

Like I said before, I wanted to add a fried egg on top of this and it was delicious.


Avocado Banana Smoothie
Recipe found on Once Upon a Cutting Board
  • 2 cup milk
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 frozen ripe banana, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons rolled oats
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • couple handfuls of spinach (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment